Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Brand reputation: Toyota's back

It looks like Toyota likes to hit the headlines with these ongoing cars recalls....I'm really beginning to think that this is a proper marketing strategy!!!

I extracted this declaration from The Guardian as it is very insightful:

Jon Williams, managing director of Toyota GB, said: "We are committed to putting the customer first and have a total focus on the quality of all our products. We will liaise with our customers to carry out the repair procedures as efficiently as possible, with minimal disruption."


When I read this statement I ask myself:

- is it "quality" to produce a car, which is only 80% ok, running the risk to cause damages to those who buy it? Would it be better to check before selling or enhance the controlling dept as this is not the first recall you're doing?

- minimal disruption: yet, there is disruption. We'll do it for free: of course.

Am I willing to buy a Toyota? The brand the guarantees reliability, safety? Maybe I'll think twice when I'll look their advertising and their brand promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment